St. John's Lutheran School offers a quality Christian education for children ages 3 years old through 8th grade. Our focus is to help your child learn about their Savior and appreciate what He has done for us as well as offer a curriculum that will challenge and benefit students for the future.
St. John's has also been named an Exemplary School by the standards set forth by the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod State Accreditation Program and by the National Council for Private School Accreditation Program.
Please call for more information about St. John's or browse through our website to learn more.
"Students in K4 to 8th grade at St. John's celebrate School Choice"
During the month of January, schools all over the United States celebrated School Choice Month. This is a celebration of the choices that parents have to send their children to whichever school they would like. St. John's is especially thankful to parents who choose to send their students to St. John's because they value the Christian education that the kids hear and the saving message of Jesus as their Savior. If you are interested in an excellent Christian education contact St. John's for more details.
Student of the Week
The “Student of the Week” this week is Violet Hubing. Violet is in 2nd Grade. She is respectful, friendly, behaves well, and is a hard worker.
St. John’s Lutheran School exists to make disciples for Jesus by providing a Christ centered education that prepares students for lives of Christian service.
St. John's Lutheran School Vision
St John’s Lutheran School will…
always be Christ-centered
provide families with opportunities for spiritual, educational and social growth
develop and maintain a curriculum that challenges all students
serve as an arm of outreach and strength to our congregation and community
have a staff that models lifelong learning
always have a long-term plan in place that is reviewed annually
St. John's Lutheran School Objectives
Vision #1: St. John’s Lutheran School will always be Christ-centered
1. All subjects will be Bible-based and all outer displays will cultivate a Christian atmosphere.
2. All teachers’ written classroom management plans will be law and gospel based.
3. Produce a weekly school newsletter that leads with a devotion or Biblical message.
4. Students will worship as a school family at a weekly chapel service, regularly attend church, and sing in church once a month throughout the school year.
Vision #2: St. John’s Lutheran School will provide families with opportunities for spiritual, educational and social growth
1. The principal will address the congregation on a monthly basis after the service about the school.
2. Create a “St. John’s Connection” video showing the congregation the events happening in their school along with a focus on the Christ-centered education.
3. Plan family activities at least once a quarter.
4. Familiarize parents with Christian secondary and post-secondary education.
5. Conduct parent-teacher conferences twice yearly, after the 1st and 3rd quarters.
6. Provide parenting resources and presentations to our families throughout the year.
Vision #3: St. John’s Lutheran School will develop and maintain a curriculum that challenges all students
1. Follow a yearly schedule to regularly review and maintain the curriculum.
2. Consult the Neillsville Public School curriculum and the Common Core/National/State standards when developing and reviewing curriculum.
3. Develop and revise technology standards for grades K-8.
4. Offer Algebra to eligible 8th graders.
5. Annually review student assessments to determine the need for speech, special education, or Title I services offered by the public school.
Vision #4: St. John’s Lutheran School will serve as an arm of outreach and strength to our congregation and community
1. The school children will sing at Globe and Christie churches annually and have the principal speak after the worship service.
2. The teachers and principal will regularly encourage member families with school age children not enrolled in school to visit with the principal.
3. Have a faculty member present at Vacation Bible School every day of the week.
4. Challenge our school families to tell one person about St. John’s every year.
5. Promote the school through a user friendly and attractive website, and maintain a school Facebook page.
6. Regularly schedule events throughout the year that take place at school that will get the community onto our campus.
7. Hold an Open House regularly.
Vision #5: St. John’s Lutheran School will have a staff that models lifelong learning
1. Each teacher will annually complete a Ministry Development Plan and review it with the principal.
2. The principal will conduct monthly visits to the classroom for walkthroughs/observations of the faculty.
3. Provide financial support for teachers to develop professionally.
4. Each teacher will belong to one professional organization.
5. Each teacher is expected to take 3 credits worth of classes every 3 years.
Vision #6: St. John’s Lutheran School will always have a long term plan in place that is reviewed annually
1. Maintain accurate records of all accreditation work.
2. Obtain and maintain accredited status with WELSSA by regularly developing a school improvement plan
3. Involve many stakeholders in long term planning: faculty, staff, school board members, parents, former students, and church members.
4. Hold open board meetings 2 times throughout each year to give parents and others a chance to discuss plans at the school.
Statement of Non-Discrimination
St. John’s Lutheran School admits students of any race, color, national or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It doesn’t discriminate on the basis of color, race, national or ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, scholarship/loan programs, and athletic or other school-administered programs.